Monday, March 23, 2009

Evolution of a Photograph


08-08-DSC_3143V5BW, originally uploaded by frank.mara.

This is actually a duplicate of a previous posting. I've posted it again because I've made a number of revisions to the original based upon feedback I received in Flickr's Critique group. Members post their work in this group for both technical and artistic feedback. You can follow this link to see the critique of this photo as it has evolved.

I try to be selective about what I post in the Critique Group. I only put up photos that I believe are pretty good from the start. Therefore, it's a little humbling to get dumped on, as I did with the original version of this photo. However, feedback is good and it makes you visualize the scene in new ways. As a result, it's a stronger image that more clearly tells the story of what is happening.

No comments: