Saturday, November 22, 2008

House On a Hillside in Juneau AK


DSC_1984, originally uploaded by frank.mara.

I shot this photo from the deck of a cruise ship at the dock in downtown Juneau on a cold and wet afternoon. I was trying to capture the colors and patterns of the houses going up the hill. I also thought that the mist added some mystery and a less geometric element to the photo.

I think this is a pretty decent photo. However, it's all the more interesting because it was the topic of conversation recently on a flight from Atlanta to Providence, RI. I sat next to a women who had spent several years working as a professor at the University of Alaska and she knew the owners of the green house well. She recognized it instantly when I showed her the photo. It makes for a very small world. Shot with a Nikon D50 and a Nikon 80-200 f2.8 AFD lens. (DSC_1984)

No comments: